ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Alliteration in Headline Poems
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Minilesson|
|Estimated Time||Two 50-minute class sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- glue or paste
- magazines and/or newspapers
- large sheets of paper
- Linking Letters: A Poet's Guide to Alliterative Verse
- Mrs. Dowling's Literature Terms: Alliteration
- Windows Workshops: Alliteration
- Review the suggested Websites and decide which examples and worksheets to use with your students.
- Make copies of worksheets, or create overheads.
- Make copies of the Headline Poem Assignment.