ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, videos, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Daily Book Boosts
|Grades||3 – 5|
|Lesson Plan Type||Recurring Lesson|
|Estimated Time||50 minutes; thereafter: 5 minutes daily|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Copies of books being boosted (optional)
- Stopwatch or timer
- A favorite books list for the class
Grades K – 8 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
The Book Cover Creator is designed to allow users to type and illustrate front book covers, front and back covers, and full dust jackets. Students can use the tool to create new covers for books that they read as well as to create covers for books they write individually or as a class.
- Demonstrate and practice Book Boosts at the beginning of the year.
- Set up a favorite books list for the class-a notebook, on chart paper, or on a Web page. Choose the method that will work best for your class.
- Test the Book Cover Creator on your computers to familiarize yourself with the tool and ensure that you have the Flash plug-in installed. You can download the plug-in from the technical support page.