ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, videos, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
A Getting-Acquainted Activity Using My Teacherís Secret Life
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Two 60-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- My Teacher's Secret Life by Stephen Krensky (Simon and Schuster, 1998)
- Chart Paper
- General Art Supplies (paper, pencils, crayons, markers)
Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
The Stapleless Book can be used for taking notes while reading, making picture books, collecting facts, or creating vocabulary booklets . . . the possibilities are endless!
- Arrange personal artifacts you have brought from home around the room.
- Gather children to central reading location.
- Hang chart paper for all to see.