ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Help Wanted: Writing Professional Resumes
|Grades||9 – 12|
|Lesson Plan Type||Unit|
|Estimated Time||Seven 50-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Useful for a wide variety of reading and writing activities, this outlining tool allows students to organize up to five levels of information.
- Resume Writing Resources
- Resume Action Words
- Resume Peer Review Guide
- Using ReadWriteThink Notetaker to Draft Resumes
- Analyzing Your Writing Process Assignment
- Professional Resume Rubric
- Collect resumes and resume resources for students to explore and critique. (See Resources section.) Collect both effective and ineffective examples and prepare several to be shown on an overhead, LCD projector, or document camera.
- Collect back issues of classified ads/job postings prior to Session Four to ensure that all students have a job listing from which to work.
- Make sure students have access to computer labs for Sessions One through Six.
- Bookmark the Suggested Online Student Resume Resources.
- Prepare copies of all handouts for distribution in class.
- Test the Venn Diagram tool and the ReadWriteThink NoteTaker on your computers to familiarize yourself with the tools and ensure that you have the Flash plug-in installed. You can download the plug-in from the technical support page.
- Bookmark the ReadWriteThink NoteTaker for student use in Session Three.