ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Learning Vocabulary Down By the Bay
|Grades||K – 1|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Six 30- to 40-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Down By the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read) by Raffi (Crown Books for Young Readers, 1999)
- Audio of the song (optional)
- Chart paper and markers
- Pencils and colored highlighters
- Word list for "Down By the Bay"
- "Down By the Bay" sentences
- Dolch word list
- Song lyrics
- Word cards
- Word-building activity sheet