ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, videos, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Itís My Life: Multimodal Autobiography Project
|Grades||9 – 12|
|Lesson Plan Type||Unit|
|Estimated Time||Nine 50-minute sessions|
Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
The Stapleless Book can be used for taking notes while reading, making picture books, collecting facts, or creating vocabulary booklets . . . the possibilities are endless!
Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Writing & Publishing Prose
The Stapleless Book app is designed to allow users to create with ease an eight-page book simply by folding and cutting. Students can choose from several different layouts for the pages of their books.
- Itís My Life Assignment
- Presentation Music and Image Planner
- Itís My Life Project Rubric
- Sample Multimodal Autobiography
- Itís My Life Self-Assessment
- PowerPoint in the Classroom
- Demo: Add music to a presentation
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Adding sound
- A Teacher's Guide to Fair Use and Copyright
- Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for School Projects
- Copyright Infringement or Not? The Debate over Downloading Music
- The Year I Was Born: An Autobiographical Research Project
- Finding Your Focus: The Writing Process
- Arrange for the use of a computer lab, projector, and CD player.
- Familiarize yourself with PowerPoint. Visit the PowerPoint in the Classroom Website and the PowerPoint tutorials on adding sound and adding music for helpful information and guides. You may also choose to share these Web resources with your students.
- Create a model autobiography presentation for students to view (optional).
- Review fair use and copyright guidelines before having students use copyrighted music and images in their projects.
- Make copies of the Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for School Projects, Itís My Life Assignment, Presentation Music and Image Planner, Sample Multimodal Autobiography, Itís My Life Self-Assessment, and Itís My Life Project Rubric sheets for your students.
- Test the Stapleless Book on your computers to familiarize yourself with the tool and ensure that you have the Flash plug-in installed. You can download the plug-in from the technical support page.