ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, videos, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Playing Name Bingo with Chrysanthemum
|Grades||K – 2|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Two 30-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes or a similar book that focuses on children's names and going to school. Other books that will work for this lesson include Ashok by Any Other Name by Sandra S. Yamate, The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi , and My Name Is Yoon by Helen Recorvits.
- General art supplies (markers, pencils, crayons, stickers)
- Chart paper
- Class list
- Blank bingo cards
- Chrysanthemum markers, or any classroom object (such as beans) to serve as markers during the game
- Copy blank bingo cards.
- Copy and cut out Chrysanthemum markers.
- Hang chart paper where everyone can see it.