ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Press Conference for Bud, Not Buddy
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Four 40-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis (Yearling Books, 2002)
- Articles about Christopher Paul Curtis
- Chart paper or overhead and markers
- Writing paper for each student
Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students in prewriting and postreading activities by focusing on the key elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution.
- Kidsreads.com: Christopher Paul Curtis
- Powell's.com Interview: Christopher Paul Curtis Goes to Powell's — 2000
This lesson takes place after students have read Bud, Not Buddy.