ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Proverbs: Contemporary Proverbs
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Three 50-minute sessions|
Washington, Washington DC
- Poor Richard's Almanack: Proverbs
- Insects: Proverbs, Quotes, Sayings
- Proverbs by Country of Origin
- Creative Proverbs from around the World
- CogWeb's Proverb Resources
- Proverbial Wisdom
- Print out a copy of the Proverb Definitions handout.
- Print out copies of Common Proverbs and/or Proverbs from around the World, one for each student (if you choose to use either).
- Print out the Proverb Self-evaluation Sheet, at least one for each student.