ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Proverbs: An Introduction
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Two 50-minute sessions|
Washington, Washington DC
- Proverb Resources
- Creative Proverbs From around the World
- Insects: Proverbs, quotes, sayings, etc.
- Proverbs by Country of Origin
- Poor Richard's Almanack
- Proverbial Wisdom
- Proverbs: At Home and Around the World
- Proverbs: Contemporary Proverbs
- What Do You Think Ben Meant?
- Print out a copy of the Proverb Definitions handout.
- Print out a copy of the Common Proverbs handout, one for each student if you choose to use it.
- Print out a copy of the Proverb Handout, one for each student.