Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Timelines and Texts: Motivating Students to Read Nonfiction
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Five 45-minute sessions|
Arlington Heights, Illinois
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Computers with Internet access
- Invention Birthdays: A Think-Pair-Share Activity
- Background Information About Inventions
- Timeline Answer Key
- Previewing the Website: The Great Idea Finder
- Possible Responses and Points of Discussion for Previewing the Website: The Great Idea Finder
- About.com—Famous Inventions: A to Z
- The Great Idea Finder—Chronological Innovation Timeline
- HistoryChannel.com—Timeline of Toys and Games
- Smithsonian Institution: American History Timeline
|1.||Determine student accessibility to workstations with Internet access and/or secure the use of a presentation system connected to a computer with Internet access.
|2.||Preview and bookmark the recommended Websites listed above.
|3.||Duplicate the Invention Birthdays handout so that each student has a copy.