Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Travel Brochures: Highlighting the Setting of a Story
|Grades||6 – 8|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Five 50-minute sessions|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- An assortment of travel brochures
- Various reference materials, print and online
Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
The interactive Printing Press is designed to assist students in creating newspapers, brochures, and flyers.
- Things to Include in a Travel Brochure
- Travel Brochure Rubric
- Recording the Setting Bookmark
- Example Brochure Bookmark
- Example Research Notes
- Example Setting Brochure
- Persuasion Map Planning Sheet
- Collect travel brochures from travel agents, your local chamber of commerce or convention and visitors bureau, and other sources.
- Make appropriate copies of the handouts for students: Things to Include in a Travel Brochure handout, Example Research Notes, Travel Brochure Rubric, Recording the Setting Bookmark.
- Have a copy of the Example Bookmark, Example Research Notes, and Example Setting Brochure to share with the students.
- Test the ReadWriteThink Printing Press on your computers to familiarize yourself with the tools and ensure that you have the Flash plug-in installed. You can download the plug-in from the technical support page.