Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
I Used My Own Words! Paraphrasing Informational Texts
|Grades||3 – 5|
|Lesson Plan Type||Standard Lesson|
|Estimated Time||Four 30-minute sessions|
West Chester, Pennsylvania
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Computers with Internet access
- Whiteboard (or overhead) for projection of text and shared writing
- Print or digital texts on instructional levels of students in the class
- Individual copies of texts (if computers are not available)
- San Diego Zoo: Animal Bytes
- National Geographic Kids: Creature Features
- Australia Zoo: Amazing Animals
|1.||Visit the listed websites so that you are familiar with their organization and content. Bookmark these on your classroom computers.
|2.||If all students do not have access to computers, print the texts that you will be using from the websites.
|3.||For students to be able to paraphrase effectively, material should be on instructional (or independent) level. This will mean that you may have to have various texts, either print or digital, available to match the instructional levels of your students.