ReadWriteThink couldn't publish all of this great content without literacy experts to write and review for us. If you've got lessons plans, videos, activities, or other ideas you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Teacher Resources by Grade
|1st - 2nd||3rd - 4th|
|5th - 6th||7th - 8th|
|9th - 10th||11th - 12th|
Using Children’s Natural Curiosity to Lead to Descriptive Writing
|Grades||K – 2|
|Lesson Plan Type||Minilesson|
|Estimated Time||40 minutes|
MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY
- A copy of the book It Begins with an A by Stephanie Calmenson
- Crayons, pencils, and a blank sheet of paper for each student
- Chart paper
Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
The Flip Book is designed to allow users to type and illustrate tabbed flip books up to ten pages long. Students and teachers can use the flip book for taking notes while reading, making picture books, collecting facts, or creating question and answer booklets.
- Get the book It Begins with an A by Stephanie Calmenson.
- Each student will need crayons, pencil, and a blank sheet of white paper.
- Use an easel or tape a large piece of chart paper to the wall/board.