ReadWriteThink has a variety of resources for out-of-school use. Visit our Parent & Afterschool Resources section to learn more.
Download the plug-in tools you need to use our games and tools, or check to see if you've got the latest version.
|Grades||3 – 12|
Why Use This Tool
The Flip Book allows users to type and illustrate tabbed flip books up to ten pages long. Children of all ages can use the flip book for taking notes while reading, making picture books, collecting facts, or creating question and answer booklets.
Children and teens can choose from nine different layouts for the pages of their books. Users can decide on the amount of text and illustrations, creating up to ten pages of content. For more detailed instructions, see the Using the Flip Book Handout. This flip book can be created online, or a blank flip book can printed out and used that way. The printed blank flip book can also be used for demonstration and planning.
- Use the flip book like a notebook for writing, drawing, or journaling.
- Use the flip book as a calendar, planning activities up to ten weeks of the year.
- Use the flip book to write and illustrate an original book or the steps in a procedure.
- Use the flip book to record the books read during the summer or during the school year.
- Use the flip book to create a poetry collection, recording favorite poems or writing new ones.
We invite you to share your experiences with this resource and provide us with any feedback on how it can be improved.