Episode 31 — A Conversation with Nancy Werlin
|Grades||6 – 12|
|Podcast Series||Text Messages: Recommendations for Adolescent Readers
See all episodes in this series
|Original Air Date||Published October 06, 2010|
Music in this podcast is courtesy of Scott Andrew. Excerpt from "Scarborough Fair" copyright Sony Music. Excerpt from "For Good" copyright Decca Broadway.
If you’re a reader who loves a good page-turner, then you’ll be sure to love the books Nancy Werlin writes. In the world of YA fiction, there’s no one better than Nancy at sucking you into a suspenseful tale that will also lead you to reflect deeply on human nature. Tune in to hear Nancy discuss the appeal of dark stories and the inspiration for her newest novel, Extraordinary.
After listening to this episode, be sure to print out this list of recommended titles to take to the library or book seller.
Books featured in this episode include:
- Are You Alone on Purpose? (Houghton Mifflin, 1994)
- The Killer’s Cousin (Delacorte, 1998)
- Locked Inside (Delacorte, 2000)
- Black Mirror (Dial, 2001)
- Double Helix (Dial, 2004)
- The Rules of Survival (Dial, 2006)
- Impossible (Dial, 2008)
- Extraordinary (Dial, 2010)