Episode 18 — New and Noteworthy Books for Teens
|Grades||6 – 12|
|Podcast Series||Text Messages: Recommendations for Adolescent Readers
See all episodes in this series
|Original Air Date||Published September 01, 2009|
Music in this podcast is courtesy of Scott Andrew.
As another school year begins, there's another set of great new books to share with teen readers. Tune in to hear book talks on some of the best titles published in 2009-titles that will keep teens reading once summer is over.
After listening to this episode, be sure to print out this list of recommended titles to take to the library or book seller.
Recommendations in this episode include
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic, September 2009)
- The Carbon Diaries 2015 by Saci Lloyd (Holiday House, February 2009)
- Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan (Alfred A. Knopf, August 2009)
- Purple Heart by Patricia McCormick (Balzer + Bray, September 2009)
- Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr (Little, Brown and Company, October 2009)
- Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (Arthur A. Levine, March 2009)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Dutton, April 2009)
- King of the Screwups by K. L. Going (Harcourt, April 2009)
Other highly recommended new titles
- Angry Management by Chris Crutcher (Greenwillow, June 2009)
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley (Little, Brown and Company, February 2009)
- Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine (HarperTeen, March 2009)
- Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles (Candlewick, August 2009)
- Dopesick by Walter Dean Myers (Amistad, February 2009)
- Everything Is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis (Little, Brown, March 2009)