ReadWriteThink has a variety of resources for out-of-school use. Visit our Parent & Afterschool Resources section to learn more.
Episode 47 — A Roundup of Teen Book Awards
|Grades||6 – 12|
|Podcast Series||Text Messages: Recommendations for Adolescent Readers
See all episodes in this series
|Original Air Date||Published February 20, 2012|
Music in this podcast is courtesy of Scott Andrew.
In the wake of the American Library Association's annual announcement of Youth Media Awards, tune in for a roundup of top young adult literature award winners from the past year. Jennifer will report on her favorite titles drawn from lists of the year's most distinguished books for teens.
After listening to this episode, be sure to print out this list of recommended titles to take to the library or book seller.
Books featured in this episode:
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley (Atheneum, 2011)
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey (Alfred A. Knopf, 2011)
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler (Little, Brown, 2011)
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic, 2011)
- Chime by Franny Billingsley (Dial, 2011)
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (Philomel, 2011)
- The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin (Roaring Brook, 2010)
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai (HarperCollins, 2011)
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (Candlewick, 2011)