Find the latest in professional publications, learn new techniques and strategies, and find out how you can connect with other literacy professionals.
Reciprocal Teaching at Work: Strategies for Improving Reading Comprehension (2nd Edition)
by Lori D. Oczkus
|Grades||3 – 5|
With dozens of lessons and a wealth of materials to get you started—and keep you going—this is the all-inclusive resource you need to lead your students to become active, engaged, and independent readers who truly comprehend what they read.
This updated edition is jam-packed with
- Expanded suggestions for grades K–5 and all new ideas for grades 6–12
- Creative tips for using reciprocal teaching in whole-class settings, guided reading groups, and literature circles
- Ideas for differentiating instruction for struggling readers and English learners
- Practical ways to use reciprocal teaching as a Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Support materials such as reproducibles, posters, and a lesson planning menu
- A free, downloadable PD guide and classroom video clips
Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Students learn about the process of questioning and using webs to organize information during reading and then practice writing factual and inferential questions.