Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 458 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 15–18, 2012
2012 NCTE Annual Convention
Plan Now to Attend the 2012 NCTE Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada!
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | July 18–20, 2013
2013 WLU Summer Institute
Register now for the 2013 Literacies for All Summer Institute, “Authentic Literacy Events and Social Actions Celebrating Relationships and Partnerships,” July 18-20 at Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
39 Clues Series
Emily discusses the action-packed 39 Clues series and talks to two authors of the series.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
3 Strategies for Reaching Language Learners in Literacy Workshops
Ideas will be explored and explained that you can use tomorrow to strengthen your instruction of language learners in your classroom.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Game & Tool
The ABC Match game challenges children to match letter cards and picture cards that begin with that letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Student Interactive | Learning About Language
ABC Match is a game that has students practice letter-recognition fluency while honing their memories. Students match initial letters with pictures, playing either with a timer or without.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bear of a Poem: Composing and Performing Found Poetry
Children find favorite words, phrases, and sentences from familiar stories. Working together, they combine their words and phrases to create a poem. The poem is then shared as performance poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Acrostic Poems: All About Me and My Favorite Things
Students create acrostic poems using their names and the names of things that are important to them.