Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 48 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 19–22, 2015
2015 NCTE Annual Convention
Sessions at the annual convention with share practices and insights—from traditional and practical to innovative and speculative—that help language arts teachers, pre-K through grad school, approach teaching and learning more expertly, confidently, even joyfully.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  April 21
Barbara Park, author of the Junie B. Jones series, was born on this day.
Students write their own "Junie B." stories, based on the Junie B. Jones series, after brainstorming issues they've experienced during the school year.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 17
Black Poetry Day is celebrated.
Books and webpages are gathered that focus on the work of African American poets and students explore the resources and find a poem to contribute to a poetry reading.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 13
Celebrate Digital Learning Day today.
Students reflect on recent learning and the role digital tools and media have played in supporting or enhancing it.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Venn’s Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Choosing the Right Book: Strategies for Beginning Readers
Students make purposeful choices for their reading materials, thinking about their reasons for reading a book and using strategies to match books to their abilities.