Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 46 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  April 21
Barbara Park, author of the Junie B. Jones series, was born on this day.
Students write their own "Junie B." stories, based on the Junie B. Jones series, after brainstorming issues they've experienced during the school year.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 17
Black Poetry Day is celebrated.
Books and webpages are gathered that focus on the work of African American poets and students explore the resources and find a poem to contribute to a poetry reading.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Choosing the Right Book: Strategies for Beginning Readers
Students make purposeful choices for their reading materials, thinking about their reasons for reading a book and using strategies to match books to their abilities.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Creating a Class Pattern Book With Popular Culture Characters
Students hit the hallways with their favorite pop culture characters in this lesson to photograph the characters in various situations and then write about the pictures in a pattern-book structure.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Printout | Assessment Tool
This printout provides prompts that help students reflect on and process new information and think critically, and offers teachers the opportunity to differentiate upcoming instruction based on these reflections.