Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 27 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Blogging in the Primary Grades? Yes, Indeed!
Give students an authentic reason to read and write by researching blogs written by their peers around the world and then writing their own.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Creating a Class Pattern Book With Popular Culture Characters
Students hit the hallways with their favorite pop culture characters in this lesson to photograph the characters in various situations and then write about the pictures in a pattern-book structure.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 6 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Digital Word Detectives: Building Vocabulary With e-Book Readers
Students in grades 2-6 use digital dictionaries and other e-book tools to learn new vocabulary as they read e-books on digital reading devices.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan
Engaging With Cause-and-Effect Relationships Through Creating Comic Strips
Students demonstrate their knowledge of cause-and-effect relationships by creating original comic strips and sharing their completed work in an oral presentation format.
- Professional Development | Grades 1 – 3, 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Exploring the Use of the iPad for Literacy Learning
The goal of this investigation was to explore how a fourth grade teacher could integrate iPads into her literacy instruction to simultaneously teach print-based and digital literacy goals.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Finding Fabulous Financial Literacy Vocabulary With Fancy Nancy
Fancy Nancy teaches fancy words. Did you know Nancy also teaches about fabulous financial literacy concepts? Explore basic economics vocabulary with the entrepreneur extraordinaire!
- Professional Development | Grades K – 2 | Professional Library | Journal
Five Internet Sites Too Good to Miss
The author shares five developmentally appropriate websites for primary-grade readers to support their literacy development.