Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 47 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
A Journal for Corduroy: Responding to Literature
Connect home and school, literature and life, as students take a storybook character home with them and take turns writing stories about his visit.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Unit
All About Our Town: Using Brochures to Teach Informational Writing
Students explore their towns' landmarks, symbols, and people; look at brochures and other informational tools; practice writing for a specific audience and revising; and work collaboratively to create a brochure.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Author E.B. White was born on this day in 1899.
Author E.B. White, most well-known for his famous children's book, Charlotte's Web, received high acclaim and awards for many of his works of fiction.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 7
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Students spend the day participating in a readathon, kicking off a cross-grade reading buddy program, or making original books to share with community members.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 21
Celebrate the first day of summer with summer reading.
Families are invited to a June literacy fair to end the school year and get students on the right track for the summer.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
This document is a code of best practices that helps educators using media literacy concepts and techniques to interpret the copyright doctrine of fair use.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
This Web seminar will examine Community Mapping as a practice designed to uncover a rich array of resources in households and communities that hold the potential to enhance literacy learning for children while developing reciprocal relationship with families.