Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 20 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
Book Cover Creator
The Book Cover Creator is designed to allow users to type and illustrate front book covers, front and back covers, and full dust jackets. Students can use the tool to create new covers for books that they read as well as to create covers for books they write individually or as a class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
CD/DVD Cover Creator
The CD/DVD Cover Creator allows users to type and illustrate CD and DVD covers and related booklets for liner notes and other information. Students can use the tool to create covers for books, music, and films that they explored as well as to create covers for media they compose individually or as a class.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
During choral reading, students read together orally. Repeated, supported reading helps students read with greater expression and read unfamiliar words with greater ease.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Exploring the Subtext Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Text
What is it like to have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day? Students find out in this lesson in which they “become” the characters in Judith Viorst’s book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Unit
History Comes Alive: Developing Fluency and Comprehension Using Social Studies
Let the power of imagination and inference serve as a “time machine” to bring Benjamin Franklin into the classroom! History and science come to life in a dialogue with Franklin the inventor, developed through lesson activities that incorporate research, imagination, writing, visual arts, and drama.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Honoring Student Voice in the Early Childhood Classroom: Dramatic Play, Stories, and Story Acting
This web seminar focuses on honoring student voice through story and story acting.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Improving Fluency through Group Literary Performance
Students participate in shared reading, choral reading, and readers theater, using books by Bill Martin, Jr. Repeated readings and literary performances help students with their reading accuracy, expression, and rate.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 23
In 1564, William Shakespeare was born on this day.
Based on grade level, students learn about rhyming structure, experiment with the Shakespearean Insult Kit, or study scenes from Othello and watch an adaptation of that scene from the movie O.
page | 1 2