Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-9 of 9 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 9
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by engaging in activities that inspire students to dream big about their future.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
This document is a code of best practices that helps educators using media literacy concepts and techniques to interpret the copyright doctrine of fair use.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 11
Ezra Jack Keats was born on this day in 1916.
In celebration of Keats' birthday, students write stories that include some characters from Keats' books and practice using collage techniques with the Collage Machine.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Finding Fabulous Financial Literacy Vocabulary With Fancy Nancy
Fancy Nancy teaches fancy words. Did you know Nancy also teaches about fabulous financial literacy concepts? Explore basic economics vocabulary with the entrepreneur extraordinaire!
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  September 1
Library Card Sign-up Month begins today.
A school or public library librarian is invited to visit the classroom to talk to the students about the advantages of having a library card. Students then take a library tour to acquaint them with the general features and resources available.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  January 17
Today is Benjamin Franklin's birthday.
Students discuss Benjamin Franklin's contributions to postal history, investigate the roles of the Postmaster General, and write letters to their classmates using the Letter Generator.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 3 | Calendar Activity |  May 5
Today is Leo Lionni's birthday.
As a child growing up in Holland, Leo Lionni taught himself how to draw and later became an author and illustrator of children's books. Leo Lionni is the winner of four Caldecott awards.