Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 19 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Unit
"America the Beautiful": Using Music and Art to Develop Vocabulary
Students engage in a rich study of vocabulary words from the song “America the Beautiful,” using music and art.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 5
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 20
Celebrate the National Day on Writing!
Students examine the different ways that they write and think about the role writing plays in life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Collaborating on a Class Book: Exploring Before-During-After Sequences
Students and the teacher produce a class book through a group-writing activity, focusing on a basic before-during-after sequence of events.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Groundhog Day is February 2.
A celebration is held for Groundhog day where students engage in a shadow-watching activity, make predictions, and listen to news reports to compare what happens with Punxsutawney Phil.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 21
It's Winter in the Northern Hemisphere!
Students brainstorm words or images that they associate with winter, select and read a picture book about winter, and compare the two using the interactive Venn Diagram.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Let’s Build a Snowman
In this lesson, students use both fiction and nonfiction texts, the Internet, and a K-W-L chart to learn about how animals survive the winter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Living the Dream: 100 Acts of Kindness
This lesson provides the “action piece” for any study of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In this project, students participate in Dr. King’s dream by doing 100 acts of kindness.
page | 1 2