Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 20 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Bridging Literature and Mathematics by Visualizing Mathematical Concepts
During interactive read-aloud sessions, students identify how an author conveys mathematical information about animals’ sizes and abilities. They then conduct research projects focusing on the same mathematical concepts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan
Exploring Cost and Savings Using Children's Literature
Students make sense of dollars and cents when they study the importance of saving and budgeting in this lesson.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy + Math = Creative Connections in the Elementary Classroom
This book details the importance of establishing a literacy-mathematics connection for students and offers suggestions and ideas for improving math skills while fostering literacy growth.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Meeting the Demands of the Common Core: Mentoring Readers of Science and Technical Texts
Discover why integrating literacy practices into the flow of regular disciplinary instruction is integral to 21st-century learners.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Picture Book Power: Connecting Children's Literature and Mathematics
Use children's literature to provide a meaningful context for learning in mathematics.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Preparing Students for Success with Reading in the Content Areas
In this strategy guide, you’ll learn how to determine the level and type of support you need to provide students based on careful preparation as a content area expert.
page | 1 2