Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 26 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: Itís Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Bridging Literature and Mathematics by Visualizing Mathematical Concepts
During interactive read-aloud sessions, students identify how an author conveys mathematical information about animalsí sizes and abilities. They then conduct research projects focusing on the same mathematical concepts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan
Exploring Cost and Savings Using Children's Literature
Students make sense of dollars and cents when they study the importance of saving and budgeting in this lesson.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy + Math = Creative Connections in the Elementary Classroom
This book details the importance of establishing a literacy-mathematics connection for students and offers suggestions and ideas for improving math skills while fostering literacy growth.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Math Is Language Too: Talking and Writing in the Mathematics Classroom
Replete with children's stories and illustrations, Math Is Language Too looks at children as sense-makers, storytellers, language creators, and problem-posers.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Meeting the Demands of the Common Core: Mentoring Readers of Science and Technical Texts
Discover why integrating literacy practices into the flow of regular disciplinary instruction is integral to 21st-century learners.