Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-5 of 5 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Game & Tool
Diamante poems are poems where the longest line comes in the middle, creating a diamond-like shape. The Diamante Poems tool helps children write these patterned poems.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Activity & Project
Make a Magnetic Poetry Set
Let children practice using different types of words in a fill-in-the-blank-story game before making their own word list for a magnetic poetry set.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Send a Smile: Make a Card for a Special Occasion
Everyone loves getting a greeting card, especially if it’s homemade. Make a funny or thoughtful greeting card or invitation with pictures and a poem, joke, or riddle.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Activity & Project
Send Postcards From the Concert
Have children practice combining sentences using initial impressions of music. The finished message goes on an illustrated postcard.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 5 – 8 | Activity & Project
Write a Gem of a Poem
Learn about diamante poems, and then consider the idea of cause and effect before working it into the diamante poem format.