Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 21 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
Back to School
Help prepare your kids for a return to the classroom with these great books and expert kid tips about adjusting to a new school.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
Celebrating Poetry for Teens
In honor of National Poetry Month in April, tune in for recommendations of a variety of poetry books for teens.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Game & Tool
Diamante poems are poems where the longest line comes in the middle, creating a diamond-like shape. The Diamante Poems tool helps children write these patterned poems.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Activity & Project
Finding Poetry in Pleasure Reading
After reading a book or magazine, children and teens can choose a section and transform it into what’s known as a “found poem.”
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Follow the Word Trail: Organize a Treasure Hunt
Create a treasure hunt out of word-puzzle clues hidden around the home or yard.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Tip & How-To
Help a Child Write a Poem
Encourage creativity and word play by helping a child recognize the elements of a poem and explore different ways of writing one.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Tip & How-To
How to Start a Writer’s Notebook
Writer’s notebooks allow children and teens to take in the world around them and document their daily lives. Use these tips to learn how to start a writer's notebook with your child.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 8 | Activity & Project
Let's Go On A Poetry Walk!
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and you’re surrounded by brilliant shades of green! Observe and collect sensory images from nature and use the sights, sounds, smells, and textures to create original nature poetry.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Activity & Project
Let the Show Begin! Literary Talent Show
Children choose their favorite songs, dances, poems, or stories to act out in a talent show for friends and family.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Activity & Project
Make a Magnetic Poetry Set
Let children practice using different types of words in a fill-in-the-blank-story game before making their own word list for a magnetic poetry set.