Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 866 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 15–18, 2012
2012 NCTE Annual Convention
Plan Now to Attend the 2012 NCTE Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada!
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
3 Strategies for Reaching Language Learners in Literacy Workshops
Ideas will be explored and explained that you can use tomorrow to strengthen your instruction of language learners in your classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: It’s Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
A Call to Action: What We Know About Adolescent Literacy and Ways to Support Teachers in Meeting Students’ Needs
This document provides a research-based resource that acknowledges the complexities of reading as a developmental process and addresses the needs of secondary readers and their teachers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Case for Reading - Examining Challenged and Banned Books
Students examine books, selected from the American Library Association Challenged/Banned Books list, and write persuasive pieces expressing their views about what should be done with the books at their school.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A “Cay”ribbean Island Study
As a pre-reading activity for The Cay, groups of students choose and study a Caribbean island, create a final product in the format of their choice, and finally, do an oral presentation to share information learned.