Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 896 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 15–18, 2012
2012 NCTE Annual Convention
Plan Now to Attend the 2012 NCTE Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada!
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
3 Strategies for Reaching Language Learners in Literacy Workshops
Ideas will be explored and explained that you can use tomorrow to strengthen your instruction of language learners in your classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: It’s Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
A Call to Action: What We Know About Adolescent Literacy and Ways to Support Teachers in Meeting Students’ Needs
This document provides a research-based resource that acknowledges the complexities of reading as a developmental process and addresses the needs of secondary readers and their teachers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Case for Reading - Examining Challenged and Banned Books
Students examine books, selected from the American Library Association Challenged/Banned Books list, and write persuasive pieces expressing their views about what should be done with the books at their school.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A “Cay”ribbean Island Study
As a pre-reading activity for The Cay, groups of students choose and study a Caribbean island, create a final product in the format of their choice, and finally, do an oral presentation to share information learned.