Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 22 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: Itís Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Vennís Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide Series
Developing Academic Vocabulary
In this Strategy Guide Series, you'll find creative and compatible ways to build, maintain, and extend students' vocabulary across academic disciplines.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Disciplinary Literacies in Content Area Classrooms: Instructional Design for Responsive Instruction
This webinar will discuss key elements of disciplinary literacies instruction that include considerations for instructional design and assessment.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Exploring Intersections between Digital and Disciplinary Literacy: Leveraging Synergies for Deeper Learning
This interactive Web seminar will examine digital practices essential for learning in the disciplines.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy + Math = Creative Connections in the Elementary Classroom
This book details the importance of establishing a literacy-mathematics connection for students and offers suggestions and ideas for improving math skills while fostering literacy growth.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Math Is Language Too: Talking and Writing in the Mathematics Classroom
Replete with children's stories and illustrations, Math Is Language Too looks at children as sense-makers, storytellers, language creators, and problem-posers.