Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 76 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A “Cay”ribbean Island Study
As a pre-reading activity for The Cay, groups of students choose and study a Caribbean island, create a final product in the format of their choice, and finally, do an oral presentation to share information learned.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Directed Listening-Thinking Activity for "The Tell-Tale Heart"
What’s that sound? Students participate in a Directed ListeningThinking Activity (DLTA) using "The Tell-Tale Heart," make predictions, and respond in the form of an acrostic poem or comic strip.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 24
America celebrates Thanksgiving Day today.
After reading the book Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving, students read the letter Hale sent to Lincoln and brainstorm a list of ways to make their community better.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 1
Annie Moore becomes the first immigrant to enter Ellis Island in 1892.
Students explore online resources about Ellis Island, interview an immigrant in the area, and publish their stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  December 19
Author Eve Bunting was born in Ireland in 1928.
Students listen to a news article about the LA race riots and then read Smoky Night to discuss how a younger observer might be affected by these events and their perceptions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 28
Author Lois Duncan was born on this date in 1934.
Mysteries are shared with students for them to solve and brainstorm the attributes of a good mystery. Small groups then compose short mysteries using the Mystery Cube.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Blending the Past with Today’s Technology: Using Prezi to Prepare for Historical Fiction
To prepare for literature circles featuring historical novels, students research the decades of the 1930s to the 1990s and share their information using Prezi, a web application for creating multimedia presentations.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 8
Celebrate blues legend Robert Johnson's birthday.
Students learn about blues music and brainstorm subjects that might give them "the blues." Finally, they write their own blues lyrics and have the option to perform.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  April 30
Celebrate El Día de Los Niños/El Día de Los Libros (Children's Day/Book Day)!
Using the Book Cover Creator, students write and share their own multilingual stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Children's author Patricia Polacco was born in 1944.
Students share family stories of their own by writing original poems and reviewing parts of speech using the Diamante Poems tool.