Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 16 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: Itís Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Engineering the Perfect Poem by Using the Vocabulary of STEM
Students research engineering careers and create poetry to understand the vocabulary of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Meeting the Demands of the Common Core: Mentoring Readers of Science and Technical Texts
Discover why integrating literacy practices into the flow of regular disciplinary instruction is integral to 21st-century learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Literacy Across the Disciplines
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on teaching literacy across all content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Preparing Students for Success with Reading in the Content Areas
In this strategy guide, youíll learn how to determine the level and type of support you need to provide students based on careful preparation as a content area expert.
page | 1 2