Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 17 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: Itís Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Disciplinary Literacies in Content Area Classrooms: Instructional Design for Responsive Instruction
This webinar will discuss key elements of disciplinary literacies instruction that include considerations for instructional design and assessment.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Engineering the Perfect Poem by Using the Vocabulary of STEM
Students research engineering careers and create poetry to understand the vocabulary of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Meeting the Demands of the Common Core: Mentoring Readers of Science and Technical Texts
Discover why integrating literacy practices into the flow of regular disciplinary instruction is integral to 21st-century learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Literacy Across the Disciplines
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on teaching literacy across all content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
page | 1 2