Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 20 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | November 16–19, 2017
2017 NCTE Annual Convention
Teaching Our Students Today, Tomorrow, Forever: Recapturing Our Voices, Our Agency, Our Mission
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Audience, Purpose, and Language Use in Electronic Messages
Students explore using electronic messaging and Internet abbreviations for specific purposes and examine the importance of using a more formal style of writing based on their audience.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
This tool allows students to complete crossword puzzles on a variety of grade-appropriate topics, and also create and print their own crossword puzzles.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 12 | Game & Tool
The Crossword Puzzles tool lets children and teens choose from a selection of puzzles and solve them online. They can also create their own puzzles to solve online or print off.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Improve Comprehension: A Word Game Using Root Words and Affixes
Students study common root words and affixes, improve their comprehension and spelling, and make a card game in which they form words with a prefix, root word, and suffix.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Activity & Project
Itís Raining Cats and Dogs! Make a Childrenís Book about the Weather
Kids learn about weather sayings throughout history while writing and illustrating a book for younger children.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 8 | Activity & Project
Let's Go On A Poetry Walk!
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and youíre surrounded by brilliant shades of green! Observe and collect sensory images from nature and use the sights, sounds, smells, and textures to create original nature poetry.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Printout | Word Play
Make-a-Word Card Game
Children can be card sharks in this game, which challenges players to build words from prefixes, root words, and suffixes.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 28
National Spelling Bee Finals are held this week.
Students discuss why certain contests get more publicity than others and what counts as "knowledge."
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
page | 1 2