Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 11 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Students use this online tool to create an alphabet chart or pages for an alphabet book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 9
Author Joel Chandler Harris was born in 1848.
Students study how regional dialect is written phonetically by reading a segment of Harris' story, as well as two others, and compare them using the Interactive Venn Diagram.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 9
In 1940, musician and peace activist John Lennon was born.
After listening to "Imagine," students reflect on the lyrics and answer questions. Then, they have a chance to write a stanza for their own song.
- Professional Development | May 09–12, 2014
International Reading Association 59th Annual Conference
The International Reading Association’s 59th Annual Conference is the premier event for literacy professionals worldwide. This year’s program offers hundreds of sessions, many of which focus on the Common Core; assessment; beginning, elementary, and adolescent learners; and research.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting Secondary Readers
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting adolescent readers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 6
The Jazz Singer debuted on this day in 1927.
Students think about the sound in a movie they have seen multiple times. Then students predict what sounds they expect to hear in a short scene from a film with the sound turned down.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Theoretical Models and Processes of Reading
This landmark reference offers in-depth exploration of contemporary reading and literacy research.
page | 1 2