Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 11 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | November 19–22, 2015
2015 NCTE Annual Convention
Sessions at the annual convention with share practices and insights—from traditional and practical to innovative and speculative—that help language arts teachers, pre-K through grad school, approach teaching and learning more expertly, confidently, even joyfully.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Students use this online tool to create an alphabet chart or pages for an alphabet book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 9
Author Joel Chandler Harris was born in 1848.
Students study how regional dialect is written phonetically by reading a segment of Harris' story, as well as two others, and compare them using the Interactive Venn Diagram.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 9
In 1940, musician and peace activist John Lennon was born.
After listening to "Imagine," students reflect on the lyrics and answer questions. Then, they have a chance to write a stanza for their own song.
- Professional Development | July 18–20, 2015
International Literacy Association’s 2015 Conference
Network with over 6,000 literacy educators from around the world, boost your professional development with over 400 practical, research-based sessions, and try new technology and tools with over 120 companies in our Exhibit Hall.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting Secondary Readers
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting adolescent readers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 6
The Jazz Singer debuted on this day in 1927.
Students think about the sound in a movie they have seen multiple times. Then students predict what sounds they expect to hear in a short scene from a film with the sound turned down.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Theoretical Models and Processes of Reading
This landmark reference offers in-depth exploration of contemporary reading and literacy research.
page | 1 2