Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 18 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Vennís Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide Series
Developing Academic Vocabulary
In this Strategy Guide Series, you'll find creative and compatible ways to build, maintain, and extend students' vocabulary across academic disciplines.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Disciplinary Literacies in Content Area Classrooms: Instructional Design for Responsive Instruction
This webinar will discuss key elements of disciplinary literacies instruction that include considerations for instructional design and assessment.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Engineering the Perfect Poem by Using the Vocabulary of STEM
Students research engineering careers and create poetry to understand the vocabulary of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
From Quantitative to Qualitative: Writing Descriptions of Data From Tables
Students develop quantitative reasoning and critical thinking by analyzing descriptions tables for content, language, and organization with a particular focus on verb tense selection, and then writing descriptions of tables themselves.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Meeting the Demands of the Common Core: Mentoring Readers of Science and Technical Texts
Discover why integrating literacy practices into the flow of regular disciplinary instruction is integral to 21st-century learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Literacy Across the Disciplines
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on teaching literacy across all content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
page | 1 2