Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 28 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Activity & Project
Beguiling Billboards: Finding Inspiration along the Road
For this activity, teens study “Pass It On” billboards created by The Foundation for a Better Life either online or on-the-go, and create an original billboard and inspirational phrase for a person of their choosing.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Characters for Hire! Studying Character in Drama
In this alternative to the traditional book report, students respond to a play they have read by creating a resume for one of its characters.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Getting Acquainted with Farcebook
In this alternative to the traditional book report, students report on their novel choices using Facebook-like pages.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 1
Celebrate Children's Authors and Illustrators Week
Students "step into the shoes" of their favorite author by reading several of their books, conducting research, and preparing displays and presentations for the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 8
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by starting a literacy movement in your community.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
This document is a code of best practices that helps educators using media literacy concepts and techniques to interpret the copyright doctrine of fair use.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Activity & Project
Create a Career Blog
This activity invites children and teens to explore various careers and then write about what they might want to be when they grow up in a blog.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Create a Great Future: STEM Career Research Using Close Reading
What if students could see the relevance of their school curriculum to real-world, interesting, STEM-related careers? Let’s help them create a great future!
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 23
Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman in the US to earn a MD degree in 1849.
"Famous Firsts" are researched by students, followed by small group research and multimedia presentations to report research results.