Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 457 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 15–18, 2012
2012 NCTE Annual Convention
Plan Now to Attend the 2012 NCTE Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada!
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
39 Clues Series
Emily discusses the action-packed 39 Clues series and talks to two authors of the series.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
3 Strategies for Reaching Language Learners in Literacy Workshops
Ideas will be explored and explained that you can use tomorrow to strengthen your instruction of language learners in your classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Student Interactive | Learning About Language
ABC Match is a game that has students practice letter-recognition fluency while honing their memories. Students match initial letters with pictures, playing either with a timer or without.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Game & Tool
The ABC Match game challenges children to match letter cards and picture cards that begin with that letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bear of a Poem: Composing and Performing Found Poetry
Children find favorite words, phrases, and sentences from familiar stories. Working together, they combine their words and phrases to create a poem. The poem is then shared as performance poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Learn about and write acrostic poems, a poetry form that uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem. All lines of the poem relate to or describe the main topic word.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.