Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-9 of 9 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Guideline on The Students' Right to Read
The current edition of The Students' Right to Read is an adaptation and updating of the original Council statement, including "Citizen's Request for Reconsideration of a Work."
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Let's Talk About Stories: Shared Discussion With Amazing Grace
Make space for critical literacy and engage students in meaningful, thoughtful discussions. Using Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman, students dig deep into themes such as prejudice, courage, and self-confidence.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Living the Dream: 100 Acts of Kindness
This lesson provides the “action piece” for any study of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In this project, students participate in Dr. King’s dream by doing 100 acts of kindness.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  January 20
On this day in 1910, animal rights activist Joy Adamson was born.
A KWL chart is used to organize information about lions. Persuasive letters are written lobbying for programs and resources to protect these animals.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
This strategy guide focuses on persuasive writing and offers specific methods on how you can help your students use it to improve their critical writing and thinking skills.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 1
Take part in the African American Read-In!
Students come together with family and friends to take part in a read-in of books by African American authors and report their results.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 21
Today is the International Day of Peace.
Students brainstorm a list of current conflicts and why people fight. Groups discuss and present possible solutions and create posters that promote their particular solution.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Webinar on the President's Budget
This webinar addresses the update on the President’s budget (to be released the week of February 14th) and an update on the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (the current NCLB).
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Writing Our Communities: Local Learning and Public Culture
Student engagement with community becomes the centerpiece of the book, an engagement that takes place across disciplines through projects involving history, environment, culture, and much more.