Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 32 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 19–22, 2015
2015 NCTE Annual Convention
Sessions at the annual convention with share practices and insights—from traditional and practical to innovative and speculative—that help language arts teachers, pre-K through grad school, approach teaching and learning more expertly, confidently, even joyfully.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 1
April is National Poetry Month!
Students are assigned to be "poets of the day" and are provided several models to create, illustrate, and present their different poems to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Venn’s Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  May 12
Celebrate National Children's Book Week!
Children show support for their favorite Children's Choice Book award finalist by designing a promotional book cover.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
During choral reading, students read together orally. Repeated, supported reading helps students read with greater expression and read unfamiliar words with greater ease.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Creating a Class Pattern Book With Popular Culture Characters
Students hit the hallways with their favorite pop culture characters in this lesson to photograph the characters in various situations and then write about the pictures in a pattern-book structure.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Designing Elements of Story in Little Blue and Little Yellow
In this series of four lessons, students will explore key elements of design in Little Blue and
Little Yellow to learn about setting, character relationships, and plot.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 1 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Draw a Story: Stepping from Pictures to Writing
Students draw a series of pictures that tell a story, including character action, problem and solution. They ‘read’ their story to others, transcribe it into writing, and create an accordion book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 3
Dr. Christian Barnard performed the first human heart transplant.
Students talk about the causes of heart disease and the role that diet and exercise play. Then, students find healthy dessert recipes and vote on one dessert to make in class.