Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 46 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Learn about and write acrostic poems, a poetry form that uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem. All lines of the poem relate to or describe the main topic word.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
A Journal for Corduroy: Responding to Literature
Connect home and school, literature and life, as students take a storybook character home with them and take turns writing stories about his visit.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 14
Author Laura Joffe Numeroff was born in 1953.
Using one of Numeroff's books as a model, students use the circle plot structure as a culminating project for a unit of study completed in the classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Building a Matrix for Leo Lionni Books: An Author Study
In this author study, students listen to and discuss four books by Leo Lionni. They identify similarities and differences in the stories and then compare two stories of their choice.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 1 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Catching the Bug for Reading Through Interactive Read-Alouds
Students learn about story structure, new vocabulary, and a variety of reading strategies by participating in an interactive read-aloud of Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten by Joseph Slate.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.