Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 57 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Learn about and write acrostic poems, a poetry form that uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem. All lines of the poem relate to or describe the main topic word.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
A Journal for Corduroy: Responding to Literature
Connect home and school, literature and life, as students take a storybook character home with them and take turns writing stories about his visit.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 14
Author Laura Joffe Numeroff was born in 1953.
Using one of Numeroff's books as a model, students use the circle plot structure as a culminating project for a unit of study completed in the classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
Book Cover Creator
The Book Cover Creator is designed to allow users to type and illustrate front book covers, front and back covers, and full dust jackets. Students can use the tool to create new covers for books that they read as well as to create covers for books they write individually or as a class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Building a Matrix for Leo Lionni Books: An Author Study
In this author study, students listen to and discuss four books by Leo Lionni. They identify similarities and differences in the stories and then compare two stories of their choice.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 1 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Catching the Bug for Reading Through Interactive Read-Alouds
Students learn about story structure, new vocabulary, and a variety of reading strategies by participating in an interactive read-aloud of Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten by Joseph Slate.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing & Publishing Prose
CD/DVD Cover Creator
The CD/DVD Cover Creator allows users to type and illustrate CD and DVD covers and related booklets for liner notes and other information. Students can use the tool to create covers for books, music, and films that they explored as well as to create covers for media they compose individually or as a class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.