Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 24 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 19–22, 2015
2015 NCTE Annual Convention
Sessions at the annual convention with share practices and insights—from traditional and practical to innovative and speculative—that help language arts teachers, pre-K through grad school, approach teaching and learning more expertly, confidently, even joyfully.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Students use this online tool to create an alphabet chart or pages for an alphabet book.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Bringing Word Study to Intermediate Classrooms
Students can become excited about language and how it works through short, integrated word study units.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Strategic Readers: Techniques for Developing Competency in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
Organized around the five essential components of reading instruction, this text lays the groundwork for a comprehensive literacy classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Going Digital: Using e-Book Readers to Enhance the Reading Experience
Students use various tools and features of digital readers to develop vocabulary, support comprehension, respond to text, improve fluency, and enhance the reading experience.
- Professional Development | July 18–20, 2015
International Literacy Association’s 2015 Conference
Network with over 6,000 literacy educators from around the world, boost your professional development with over 400 practical, research-based sessions, and try new technology and tools with over 120 companies in our Exhibit Hall.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Multipurpose Poetry: Introducing Science Concepts and Increasing Fluency
Creepy crawlers, hoppers, and fliers are the focus of this lesson in which students chorally read poems about insects and use the Internet to locate facts about their assigned insects.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Poets in Practice
This article discusses the need to engage students and teachers in active poetry writing.