Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 23 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: Itís Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Bridging Literature and Mathematics by Visualizing Mathematical Concepts
During interactive read-aloud sessions, students identify how an author conveys mathematical information about animalsí sizes and abilities. They then conduct research projects focusing on the same mathematical concepts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Vennís Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide Series
Developing Academic Vocabulary
In this Strategy Guide Series, you'll find creative and compatible ways to build, maintain, and extend students' vocabulary across academic disciplines.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Disciplinary Literacies in Content Area Classrooms: Instructional Design for Responsive Instruction
This webinar will discuss key elements of disciplinary literacies instruction that include considerations for instructional design and assessment.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan
Exploring Cost and Savings Using Children's Literature
Students make sense of dollars and cents when they study the importance of saving and budgeting in this lesson.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Strategy Guide
Introducing Ideas and Vocabulary with the Concept Sort
A Concept Sort is a vocabulary and comprehension strategy used with students to introduce new topics and/or familiarize students with new vocabulary.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy + Math = Creative Connections in the Elementary Classroom
This book details the importance of establishing a literacy-mathematics connection for students and offers suggestions and ideas for improving math skills while fostering literacy growth.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Math Is Language Too: Talking and Writing in the Mathematics Classroom
Replete with children's stories and illustrations, Math Is Language Too looks at children as sense-makers, storytellers, language creators, and problem-posers.