Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 24 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on studentsí favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Boars and Baseball: Making Connections
In this lesson, students will make text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world connections after reading In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. After sharing and discussing connections, students choose and plan a project that makes a personal connection to the text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 31
Students research information on Halloween, create masks or costumes from a text they are reading, or write a narrative essay describing their best Halloween ever.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 20
Celebrate the National Day on Writing!
Students examine the different ways that they write and think about the role writing plays in life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Groundhog Day is February 2.
A celebration is held for Groundhog day where students engage in a shadow-watching activity, make predictions, and listen to news reports to compare what happens with Punxsutawney Phil.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Haiku Poem App
Students can learn about and write haiku using this app that guides them through the writing process.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
How Big Are Martinís Big Words? Thinking Big about the Future
Inspired by the book Martinís Big Words, students explore information on Dr. King to think about his "big" words, then they write about their own "big" words and dreams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 4
It's Independence Day! Or is it?
Students consider why there are so many different dates associated with the Declaration of Independence and why the nation's birthday is celebrated on July 4.