Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-5 of 5 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 12 | Game & Tool
The Crossword Puzzles tool lets children and teens choose from a selection of puzzles and solve them online. They can also create their own puzzles to solve online or print off.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Activity & Project
School Day Extension
Use the Word Mover mobile app to bring school home! A printout from school is used to generate a word bank and then create story or poem, which a child uses to “teach” a concept to a family member or caregiver.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Send a Smile: Make a Card for a Special Occasion
Everyone loves getting a greeting card, especially if it’s homemade. Make a funny or thoughtful greeting card or invitation with pictures and a poem, joke, or riddle.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 3 | Tip & How-To
Talk it Up! Expanding a Child’s Vocabulary
One way to help early readers begin to make sense of what they’re reading is to help them build their vocabulary. In this Tip, learn how to ask questions and have conversations with a child to integrate new words into his/her vocabulary.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 3 | Activity & Project
Wild and Crazy Words
Make learning how to spell words a little “wild and crazy” by ditching the pen and paper and using unique materials that will make your kids really smile while they’re having fun.