Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 109 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Addressing the Complexity of Matching Readers With Text
Join Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Diane Lapp as they discuss ways to navigate the complexity of matching readers with text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 16
African American journalist Ida B. Wells was born in 1862.
Students brainstorm a list of human rights issues, research their group's issue in depth, examine the way journalists cover a story, and create articles for a classroom newspaper.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Unit
"America the Beautiful": Using Music and Art to Develop Vocabulary
Students engage in a rich study of vocabulary words from the song “America the Beautiful,” using music and art.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Musical Prompt: Postcards From the Concert
Students won’t miss a beat in this musical lesson that combines listening with personal response on a postcard.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
And the Question Is... Evaluating the Validity of a Survey
In this lesson, students learn to ask the right questions about the validity of surveys.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
Discover books that allow you to look at the world through the eyes of an animal!
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
An Introduction to Graphic Novels
Tune in to hear some background about graphic novels as well as specific recommendations of fantasy epics, memoirs, biographies, and adventure thriller stories, all presented in the form of a graphic novel.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 12
Anne Frank received her famous diary in 1942.
Students learn about eyewitness reports through a lesson that is grade-level appropriate. Then, groups use primary source documents and research an event using eyewitness accounts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Bingo! Using Environmental Print to Practice Reading
The game Bingo is transformed in this lesson in which students use symbols and images to make connections to environmental print through the use of personalized Bingo cards.