Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 476 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Student Interactive | Learning About Language
ABC Match is a game that has students practice letter-recognition fluency while honing their memories. Students match initial letters with pictures, playing either with a timer or without.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bear of a Poem: Composing and Performing Found Poetry
Children find favorite words, phrases, and sentences from familiar stories. Working together, they combine their words and phrases to create a poem. The poem is then shared as performance poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Biography Study: Using Role-Play to Explore Authors' Lives
Students read biographies and explore websites of selected American authors and then role-play as the authors.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Accent on Meter: A Handbook for Readers of Poetry
Accent on meter: A Handbook for Readers of Poetry offers practical ways of teaching students about the close connections between the meaning, rhythm, and meter in poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Learn about and write acrostic poems, a poetry form that uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem. All lines of the poem relate to or describe the main topic word.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Acrostic Poems: All About Me and My Favorite Things
Students create acrostic poems using their names and the names of things that are important to them.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Acting Out with Mother Goose
Act out a story after reading it. Work together to create a script and make costumes and props. Then invite others to watch and hear your story!