Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 417 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A-B-C: It’s Easy as 1-2-3 to Make Math Alphabet Books
Using the Alphabet Organizer app, students create alphabet books to review math terms.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 11 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Blast from the Past with Nuclear Chemistry
After researching the history and basic facts of a nuclear chemistry topic, students utilize the Web 2.0 tool Timetoast to create an electronic timeline that they use to present their research to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Case for Reading - Examining Challenged and Banned Books
Students examine books, selected from the American Library Association Challenged/Banned Books list, and write persuasive pieces expressing their views about what should be done with the books at their school.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A “Cay”ribbean Island Study
As a pre-reading activity for The Cay, groups of students choose and study a Caribbean island, create a final product in the format of their choice, and finally, do an oral presentation to share information learned.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Acquiring New Vocabulary Through Book Discussion Groups
This lesson employs direct instruction and small-group discussion to help students learn new vocabulary skills while reading Patricia Polacco’s Pink and Say.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Printout | Writing Starter
Acrostic poems are fun to write. Your students will find constructing them easy, too, thanks to this helpful tool, which has endless possibilities for curriculum integration.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Acting Out with Mother Goose
Act out a story after reading it. Work together to create a script and make costumes and props. Then invite others to watch and hear your story!
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Active Reading through Self-Assessment: The Student-Made Quiz
This recurring lesson encourages students to comprehend their reading through inquiry and collaboration. They choose important quotations from the text and work in groups to formulate “quiz” questions that their peers will answer.