Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 321 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bear of a Poem: Composing and Performing Found Poetry
Children find favorite words, phrases, and sentences from familiar stories. Working together, they combine their words and phrases to create a poem. The poem is then shared as performance poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Case for Reading - Examining Challenged and Banned Books
Students examine books, selected from the American Library Association Challenged/Banned Books list, and write persuasive pieces expressing their views about what should be done with the books at their school.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Printout | Writing Starter
Acrostic poems are fun to write. Your students will find constructing them easy, too, thanks to this helpful tool, which has endless possibilities for curriculum integration.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Active Reading through Self-Assessment: The Student-Made Quiz
This recurring lesson encourages students to comprehend their reading through inquiry and collaboration. They choose important quotations from the text and work in groups to formulate “quiz” questions that their peers will answer.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Genre Study of Letters With The Jolly Postman
Students read The Jolly Postman, in which a postman delivers letters to storybook characters. They explore different types of mail and categorize letters from the book and their own mail.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 1 | Printout | Graphic Organizer
This alphabet chart has many possibilities for helping your students learn and review their letters, sounds, phonemes, and word formations.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Students can use this online tool to print an alphabet chart or pages for an alphabet book.