Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 513 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
3-2-1 Vocabulary: Learning Filmmaking Vocabulary by Making Films
Bring the vocabulary of film to life through the processes of filmmaking. Students learn terminology and techniques simultaneously as they plan, film, and edit a short video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bad Case of Bullying: Using Literature Response Groups
Students learn how to effectively deal with bullying by participating in literature response groups and writing about when they experienced a similar situation or emotion as a fictional character.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
ABC Bookmaking Builds Vocabulary in the Content Areas
V is for vocabulary. A content area unit provides the theme for a specialized ABC book, as students select, research, define, and illustrate a word for each alphabet letter.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Student Interactive | Learning About Language
ABC Match is a game that has students practice letter-recognition fluency while honing their memories. Students match initial letters with pictures, playing either with a timer or without.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Bear of a Poem: Composing and Performing Found Poetry
Children find favorite words, phrases, and sentences from familiar stories. Working together, they combine their words and phrases to create a poem. The poem is then shared as performance poetry.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Acquiring New Vocabulary Through Book Discussion Groups
This lesson employs direct instruction and small-group discussion to help students learn new vocabulary skills while reading Patricia Polacco’s Pink and Say.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Printout | Writing Starter
Acrostic poems are fun to write. Your students will find constructing them easy, too, thanks to this helpful tool, which has endless possibilities for curriculum integration.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Student Interactive | Writing Poetry
This online tool enables students to learn about and write acrostic poems. Elements of the writing process are also included.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Acting Out with Mother Goose
Act out a story after reading it. Work together to create a script and make costumes and props. Then invite others to watch and hear your story!